PING Ed Sirett

Hi Ed

Can I thank you publicly for your sealed system FAQ. Having read it I now know the basics of how the system operates - e.g. 10 times more than I did before.

I am now a wiser man & I appreciate the time you must have spent writing it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ta. It has proved one of the more useful FAQs. The BoilerChoice one was much more difficult to write and has not been as useful.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

A difficult one to advise on as designs and more importantly manufacturing standards change so often.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I guess a good number of readers are also looking for a simpler which style "buy this or that model" kind of guide which would probably be impossible to write in any kind of generic way.

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed. Which did a test on these a couple of years ago. Very difficult to get an unbiased/accurate recommendation from a trade source. Even our own Geoff can't really give percentage failures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He could if he know the installed base percentages. However his results would also be skewed by the installed base that the larger service companies have to deal with.

All things considered The Potty suprima has a very large installed base but even so they have a huge fault rate.

Reply to
Ed Sirett