Pilot flame

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame? Would it be worth switching it off every night?

Cheers,

Stevan

Reply to
akrapus

If your tight fisted yes...but its no worth turning it off for the hassle of ignighting every time you want hot water.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It depends on the flame . ISTR a figure of £5 per quarter being quoted - probably £7 now.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

That's quite an unusual boiler, then? By the time combis became popular, most had electronic ignition.

I wouldn't bother. It would save fuel, but not a huge amount. It might also wear out the ignitor if you did it every time you needed heat/hot water.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Earlier Pott. Pumas. Some C&M models which were bizarre as they have electronic ignition of the permanent pilot! Vokera RS 80. Vaillant VCW 221 Vaillant Sine models. I'm pretty sure I've seen some Ravenheat models with permanent pilots.

The OP would be better putting their efforts into adding/upgrading the controls to a programmable thermostat and TRVs on most radiators. Running the boiler until it becomes beyond economic repair and only then replacing it.

Reply to
Ed Sirett