Pill Splitters

An almost infinite number more are eating themselves into an early grave tho!...

Well FWIW I take preventive medicine for hypertension which does work very well:))

Reply to
tony sayer

I'm sure it may be reducing your blood pressure but you really don't know that it's going to make you live any longer.

The actually reduction in individual risk for many treatments is very low and a lot of people have to be treated to reduce the death toll from heart attack or stroke by just 1 in a 100. Treatment might well produce a big reduction in relative risk. For example treatment for hypertension might reduce your chance of stroke by 50%, but when you realise that in absolute terms, the numbers may be as low as reducing 2 stokes in 100 to 1 stroke in

100, you realise that an awful lot of people are taking treatment that they will very likely receive no benefit from, and indeed will probably suffer side effects.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Well with the headaches I was getting every other day I'm telling you if that went on any longer I'd have picked up the standard DIY *implement and used that on myself with the pain day in day out..

Fortunately my lady wife convinced me that not all doctors were the same and the new one the first thing she did was check the blood pressure three days later after appropriate meds .. headaches gone..

That was some 15 years ago now:))..

Have you any reference's for that then?...

  • Angle grinder .. what else;!..
Reply to
tony sayer