Pilkington K glass

Anybody out there had any experience with K glass? I have recently had new windows installed and one panel in particular is displaying only what I can describe as a 'blue haze' in any sort of light. i.e bright, dull, dark. My 'professional' installer is trying to tell me it is the same as the others!, must have blue tinted shades that's all I can say. Any advice / help would be appreciated. Bender.

Further evidence of the coating's presence is through the very minor effect it has on white light transmission. This effect is so small as to be generally unnoticeable. However, when a light coloured object or material is in close proximity to the glazing, dependent on local circumstances and conditions, a slight darkening can be noted.
Are there any markings on the glass you can see to compare it with the others ?
IIRC the coating on the glass has to face the right way, so it sounds like the glazing unit may be in back to front. i.e. the coating surface facing in rather than out ( or visaversa! )

We've just been DG'd. All windows look the same, a barely perceptable hint of slightly darker, no blue tinting.
--
Tony Williams. Change "nospam" to "ledelec" to email.

my whole house is done in 'K' there is a slight colour depending on brightness outside and viewing angle .. but all panes should match. If some are diffrenet amybe they reversed sealed unit.
Remember for 'K' to work it has to be on the 3rd face
Rick

I have a cheaper alternative to Pilkington K - at least that's what I was told when I bought it about 10 years ago. I certainly don't have any blue haze on any of my windows. The glass is very reflective, in that if the light is less inside than outside you see strong reflections if you are outside, and vice versa.
I can't see why one should be different to the others if all the glass is the same.
Rob Graham

wifes brilliant white net curtains look grey from the outside.
Brad

I had my windows replaced a few weeks before the April 2001 regs came in. My installer took me to factory and I had the opportunity to see racks of pilkington k next to plain glass units. One of the reasons I decided against the pilkington k was they were noticably darker. The other issue was that pilkington would not guarantee all the panes in a window would look the same. Apparently, they normally do look the same in practice because they tend to all be made up at the same time from the same stock, but if you have one replaced later, it rarely matches the originals. The other factor was the 500 extra for the pilkington k was a very bad investment in energy efficiency -- I spent it on condensing boiler and larger radiators instead which was much more effective energy efficiency, and I still had change.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Try building a new house without it ... you can't uplift in regs make it mandatory