Piggin PMF 180

Well my PMF180E has had quite heavy use for a year or more now and is still going strong, so they don't all die. :-)

Reply to
tinnews

I still have the one I got as an Xmas pressie from my parents in about 1976.

Reply to
Huge

Mine was a Birthday present and a hint to stop borrowing my father's circa 1972. I still use it, its the only drill I have, only maintenance was to clean the accumulated sawdust out of the gearbox a few years ago.

5/15" DRILL NO.7004-02 TYPE 1 rpm 2500 The Blavk & Decker Mfg Co. Towson MO USA
Reply to
djc

Not really comparable to some of the cheap plastic affairs of today... having said that, if you have not changed the brushes on it, there is a reasonable chance you have not done 40 hours of actual run time yet.

Reply to
John Rumm

I asked for mine. I'd just moved into a flat in London and needed some way to put up shelves, etc.

Yep. I've cleaned out the accumulated gunk and topped up the gearbox a couple of times. It still gets used from time to time, most recently to polish the grout off the recently fitted bathroom tiles, using a polishing disk home made from green pan scourer on a rubber sanding disk.

That'll be a Chinese ripoff, then, "Blavk & Decker"? :o)

Reply to
Huge

I've still got a black and decker model 1 drill, circa 1955 in working order. Until a few years ago I used it for drilling in confined spaces like drilling joists as it was shorter than more modern ones. There was a problem with it under warranty and it has been ok since the repair. It is starting to get a little noisy with a worn bush in the gearbox. It has had a new mains plug (the original was a 5a unfused one) but nothing else but a clean and lubricate.

I still have the original rceipt somewhere. it was about 30/- new, bought by my father to help him construct a shed, which I also still have.

Reply to
<me9

I think you've probably had reasonable wear and tear by now.

AFAIK B & D don't have a service/spares depot at Spennymoor any longer since their factory there has gone.

Still, if it still works....

73 -
Reply to
Frank Erskine