Pigeons

It is a good one.

Does that bother you?

I obtained a wireless one with a remote that works well and has all of normal shutter release operations, from Hong Kong

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm sure I could cap that...

Reply to
Rod

Plenty more of the bloody things around;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Glad there is not mushroom for any more of those....

Reply to
John Rumm

I am not sure that there is such a thing as comprehensive management of thyroid disorders - anywhere in the world, or at any price. 31661 hits on PubMed and still the answers are elusive.

Reminded me of the statins story today:

(At least some statins appear to cause myopathy and rhabdomyolysis in some hypothyroid sufferers. So claims of their safety have always made me deeply sceptical - many people are prescribed them before having a thyroid disorder diagnosed.)

They don't all have caps. :-)

But that is why two (or three) directable lights might be best. Always difficult to get flash working well like that - I suppose modelling lights mght work but a bit big to carry round. :-(

Reply to
Rod

The very one. I paid £375 S/H for mine about 1988

IIRC they retailed around £700

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah..well it means that my old rifle mount would need 'adapting'

For snapshooting sports and animals, it was my favorite mount..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

(At

There have been these scare stories before, but in this case, the Express has not said which one is implicated. This is rather irresponsible because incidence of rhabdomyolysis is quite rare and taking the population as a whole, the benefits are likely to outweigh the downsides.

I can't see a way to do continuous lighting with a small amount of power.

Reply to
Andy Hall

This one plugs into the multiway socket in the front and the receiver can either go in the flash shoe or somewhere else.

Andy Hall

Beautiful lenses, made by a French firm who put optical quality above all else, and paid the price by going bust. A sad loss, but one of their designs still lives on, manufactured in Japan as a Tokina

28-70mm f/2.6-2.8 zoom. The only slight modifications to the optical formula were made to accommodate the choice of the Japanese Hoya rather than the German Schott glass.

Most examples of the Angenieux 70-210mm f/3.5 suffered from chronic cracking in the plastic grips on the focusing and zoom rings. Has yours escaped this?

Reply to
Bruce

Nature? Is that all that green stuff? And that air that smells funny? Oh and those big things with four legs?

Anyone would ramble after seeing that lot.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's the banks at low tide.

At Bluewater with their white slingbacks.

I know.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes..the aperture ring gets loose sometimes tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Following up to Andy Hall

yes, for a lot of people a digital only lens will help reduce weight, my camera bag is over 10K, no good for flying :-( I was just about to mention my macro for flowers to get on topic, when I realised I was in diy not gardening, oh well!

Reply to
Mike.....

The weight limits for carry-on have recently increased for the "full service" airlines to 23kg. Plus you can have a laptop etc. as a second item.

There are still a few like Ryanair with 10kg limits.

You might as well since we're on the subject now.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Following up to Andy Hall

I've no seen the 23kg, ive seen BA saying they are doing it by size not weight, Iberia is still 10K, I avoid ryan like the plague.

But thanks, I had forgotten the laptop doesnt count, I can make use of that for other reasons.

Reply to
Mike.....

They all work by size - standard is 56 x 45 x 25cm - I believe an IATA spec. This is for the obvious reason of what will fit in the "hat rack" as some of the old battleaxes on BA call it.

The 23kg is fairly new. For quite a while following 11/9 a lot of airlines reduced carry-on down to 10 or even 6kg citing Elfensayftee - if things fell out etc. This one fell by the wayside about 4 months ago and they are back to 23kg

generally use a Kata ruck sack or a Peli case depending on what I am doing.

The laptop out of bag for X-ray game has stopped at most UK airports now, not elsewhere unfortunately.

I agree with you about the likes of Ryanair, Easyjet and others, not something to use.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Following up to Andy Hall

Iberia website still says:-

Short / Medium Haul Business Class (1) No. Items 1 Total Weight 14 kg Size 115 cm (55+ 40+ 20) * Economy No. Items 1 Total Weight 10 kg Size 115 cm (55+ 40+ 20) * Long Haul Business Plus (1) No. Items 2 Total Weight 18 kg Size 115 cm (55+ 40+ 20) * Economy No. Items 1 Total Weight 10 kg Size 115 cm (55+ 40+ 20) *

It could be out of date of course, I will monitor this!

Reply to
Mike.....

Some of them are still saying one piece on departure from UK airports so as you say are not updating their info properly. If in doubt I would call them

Reply to
Andy Hall

Following up to Andy Hall

I will.