Picture hanging hooks

So would they work on my plaster-on-white-brick walls.

_Global apology for dado/picture rail faux pas_

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I did: "I don't care as long as you hang them were I want them"

So I went and fixed the dead alternator on the RR in the dark.

What's your solution Mary?

Richard ;-)

Reply to
Richard

Perhaps a liberal application of No-More-Nails on the back of the pictures?

Mark you, SWMBO may not appreciate being taught that accurate and complete specifications are useful - "Oh - you wanted to be able to take them down as well, did you? You didn't *say* that."

Sid

Reply to
unopened

You should have married me.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Seconded.

In our old 1930s flat the walls were made of bricks "that seemed to have a core made out of coal" or some similar fiendishly hard material.

We could just about get an OBO masonry nail in if we were lucky, but those plastic hooks with the 3 or 4 sharp pins were VERY successful. We still use them in our modern house, including on plasterboard in a few cases - for very light pictures only.

Regarding the 3M self adhesive hooks - think I'd avoid those if you want your pictures to stay up for a long time. I used some of their self adhesive "3M Control" hooks in the conservatory a few years ago to put up some Christmas lights - tacky eh? Anyway they stuck like s**t to the UPVC window frames, but this year when I went to refit the lights to the hooks they just fell off - the adhesive had packed up. Maybe the combination of wildly varying temperatures and the slight dampness/condensation, but I wouldn't use them again.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

I would expect so. Our walls are concrete with low-spots skimmed with plaster - though there's precious little of that. The prongy things work in the concrete and the patches of plaster skim.

Reply to
Skipweasel

If only! So many opportunities pass us by

Richard :-)

Reply to
Richard