Pickup magnet

I have seen a strong pick up magnet that you can turn on and off about half a metre long but am having trouble naming it for a google search. It is not electric, it seems to work like like the magnetic bases for dial test indicators.

Reply to
F Murtz

Sounds like its either got a keeper or its two magnets that rotate in relation to each other. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Are we talking about Dennis?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have this one for running around the yard and it works by pulling the finger grip at the bottom which rotates the magnet inside away from the casing, allowing nails to drop off.

It's been useful so I want to upgrade to something wider and more powerful.

I did try making up one to put at the back of the forklift using hdd magnets but someone nicked it.

Would a vehicle mounted one be more powerful using an electro magnet?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

missed the url off

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Even simpler, common on pick-up magnets, it's just a sliding magnet in a plastic tube. The end isn't a keeper, it's just a push-off plate.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks,I saw one similar but was looking for on that looks like a stick. I might try diy by putting magnet inside non magnetic tube and withdrawing it but have to think of some way to stop picked up material from following magnet up tube.

Reply to
F Murtz

=E5=9C=A8 2012=E5=B9=B49=E6=9C=884=E6=97=A5=E6=98=9F=E6=9C=9F=E4=BA=8CUTC+8= =E4=B8=8B=E5=8D=8811=E6=97=B615=E5=88=8632=E7=A7=92=EF=BC=8CF Murtz=E5=86= =99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
mjbwork12

Gaffer tape over the end of the tube?

Reply to