PIC programmer.

I'm re-visiting a project from years ago and have lost all the info. I've found my old PIC programmer - but not the software or documentation. Googling on it gets nowhere. It's a parallel port device which sort of shows its age.

What I need to do is rip the prog from a 16F****-20/P and make some more. Obviously if buying a new device I'd like one that also copes with later PICs

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

dont know if this is any help, but theprice is right.

misterroy

That only works for the PICAXE, which has a permanently installed loader bootstrap.

I use a Galep-5, but that's probably out of the price range!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think I have programmed pic18f64 without the bootstrap, but I am not sure.

Reply to
misterroy

In assembler I think I have programmed a regualar non-bootstrapped chip, for pbasic I use bootstrapped chips for sure.

Reply to
misterroy

There's only one which will stay up to date. :) The PICkit from Microchip. It's not the cheapest, but the firmware is regularly updated and it works very well. I use the PICkit 2, which seems to be very popular.

By the way, if your PIC was programmed with the code protect bit set then you aren't going to be able to copy it anyway.

Reply to
mick