Photo hosting sites

I have been using Ovi to host photographs, both as a secure storage and somewhere I can drop pictures and email a link to the likes of this newsgroup. Sadly Ovi is shutting up shop at the end of the month so I need a new host. Any suggestions as to the most user friendly?

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

I've been very happy with photobucket. I've about 750 photos on there and even though I only have the free account, there has never been a suggestion of limiting the storage I use. Not one single photo has been lost in 6 years or so.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I think it depends in part on what you want.

Mostly we use Flick, and have been for years.

As a way to sahre photos I like it very much. I also like the social aspects, the groups (which people form to share photos on themes, topics, etc.). We ahve various friends and family on there and it is an easy way to share photos in controlled way. It is also (and was how it started out for us)

We have paid membership. IIRC free accounts will only show you the most recent x photos (x might be 200, 500 ? but really I don't know anymore). The others are still stored, but you can't view them.

For things like images to link to in news posts etc. then I often use tinypic.

If you just want to store the images safely, and link to them, then maybe something like Dropbox would suit (or sugarsync, livedrive etc.)

Reply to
Chris French

Opera lets you upload a number at once and is very light on the demands for the uploads. But plenty of forums let uyou house photos these days on your own place in them. So do most places like Googel. And of course you can send any amount to your own e-mail address.

Then there are hosts such as Ubuntu who offer 5 GB cloudspace.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I've been happy with it too - although the ads when you visit it are a bit wearing.

Other thing is the direct links are accessible with most browsers regardless of age - unlike some similar sites.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For just pics .. then I use: Photobucket ... For mixed file type I use: MediaFire

Also used eSnips ... but seems unreliable lately

Reply to
Rick