phone ext color of wires

I have an ext lead with moulded plug on one end (no problem) and a moulded socket on the other.
I have cut off the socket so I can run the cable to box.
The box tells me where to run/place the following colours -BLUE/white 2 - ORANGE.white3 - WHITE/orange4 - WHITE/blue5.
Simple up to now. Here is the problem - the cable I have removed the socket from has - BLACK-RED-GREEN-YELLOW cables.
As you look at the socket with the rounded end on the left - BLACK is the first colour.
Can someone tell me the corresponding colour/s to use?
I can cut off the plug and make up which colour to use but would prefer not to. Thanks for any help.

You've got a slight problem here as these aren't standard UK colours.

I've posted the standard colours below, so you should be able to work things out. Using the correct colours doesn't really matter provided the connections are correct.
On the plug, contact 1 is next to the latch.
Here are the standard colours of cable, flex and their terminals.
Terminal Cable Cord Function 1 Green/white Orange Spare 2 Blue/white Red B wire (Line) 3 Orange/white Blue Shunt wire. (Bell) 4 White/orange Green Local earth (Not usually used) 5 White/blue White A wire (Line) 6 White/green Black Spare
--
*If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On a normal D shaped telephone fly lead the two inner cores are normally the line and can be fitted either way round.
Looking at the end profile of the cable with the flat side of the D downward, they follow this pattern:
Left hand is a loop back for any automatic switching from a reception desk or whatever
Left Centre is the positive feed to the phone
Right Centre is neutral to the phone and
Right hand side is the bell wire.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:49:13 GMT, "BigWallop"

Only in America. On a BT Plug with 4 wires the two outers will be the signal & ringing and one of the two inners ringing, the other being unused.
With the BT plug on a desk with the contacts facing you the retaining clip will be on the right. The rightmost wire goes to pin 2 on the socket, the next to it goes to pin 3 and the left hand one goes to pin 5 on the socket
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

ROFL
Thanks Peter, you're correct. I should check what I'm typing. I should have said "the outer cores of the cable are the line". You see, I was in New York City only a few days ago working on telephony remote control gear and my brain is still there I think. :-)) Anyway, it's to bloody late to change the reply, so I just hope the confusion has cleared by now. :-)) LOL
(I'll get me coat)