Philips Matchline 'classic'

I've got one of these which is fitted with the FL 1.10 chassis. The cabinet is the posh wood one. ;-)

It's got what I assume is a power supply fault as it goes to standby, but no further. However, I can't get the chassis out. The WS manual says to remove the screw behind the flip down panel on the front (for games machines, etc) but there ain't one. Pushing the clips either side of the PCB doesn't release it so there must be something else holding it. There is a slot just below the IR receiver, but doesn't appear to be any form of catch in there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep, give the set a beating. Eventually the board will loosen itself and your morale will feel quite good. Sometimes plastics warp with the heat and dust settles gluing things in. No coiled/tied up cabling to controls in the way? Or a solder joint stuck in a runner?

Sure there is not a more specific service sheet related to that model other than the general chassis manual? Posting an exact model number might folks help in searching google (sci.electronics.repair) and multitudes of on-line servicing boards out there?

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

Is there any movement? My normal trick in these situations is move the recalcitrant board in all directions and try and work out the point(s) around which it is moving, these are then the "hidden" fixings.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've got the Philips service manual, supplied against the chassis and serial number. That's the only one they could supply. It covers all sorts of variations - Secam for example. But the mechanical instructions for getting at things are limited. Even those for removing the back were wrong.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes - it definitely seems fixed at the front of the chassis in some way - but not by a screw as the manual says. It says it's under the flip down flap which conceals the 'game' a/v input and headphone socket, but it's not. There is a printed thin plastic plate with the legends for the sockets, etc, but that appears firmly glued in place - and if there was a screw behind it I'd expect to feel the hole through it

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Normally can with metal foil ones, not so sure about plastic. Only one way to find out...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice