Philips MASTERClassic

Hello,

I am struggling to find an Internet stockiest of these bulbs, can anybody help?

For those that are interested the Philips MASTERClassic range are halogen bulbs that can be used directly used to replace GLS and candle incandescent bulbs with an energy saving of 50%. Although this is not as good as fluorescent equivalents it is great for people who dislike CFLs. Osram do a similar range but these have an energy saving of only about 30%.

So basically you get a saving in energy over incandescent with very good quality halogen light.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Jones

I think you'll struggle. I believe they cost quite a bit more than the cost of the energy they save, which means they aren't cost effective, unless you can write the excessive cost down against high relamping costs in a given situation.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

BTW, when they come with a metal halide capsule rather than a halogen capsule in them, I'll be very interested.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have seen these lights in a National Trust property and they are very impressive. Apart from the very pleasant colour temperature and low energy consumption (50% less than incandescent) they also have another benefit - very low ultraviolet emissions.

Do you really need an Internet stockist? Why can't you order them from your local electrical supplier?

Reply to
Bruce

Hi Graham,

We sell the Philips MASTERClassic range on our website - www.lightonenergy. co.uk. Simply click the Tungsten Halogen link on the left hand side.

We also sell the Osram versions that you mentioned.

The Philips range are more efficient, but they are also a lot more expensive than the Osram lamps. Both versions produce a very crips white halogen light.

Best regards,

Nick Newton Sales Manager Light On Energy

url:

Nick Newton