Philco washer-dryer fault

Hello all

Here's a description of a fault that has developed on my partner's Philco (made by Bendix I think) washer-dryer model # WD1009SE.

On the wash cycle it now takes in less water than it used to do, and the drum now rotates only occasionally, with long gaps in between the rotations. The control dial clicks round ... the drum rotates ... the dial clicks ... the drum rotates.... THus the main cycle passes in a matter of a few minutes, and nothing gets washed properly.

Rinse and spin are OK. Just wash cycle is affected.

Any ideas, anyone? Being a technical sort of bloke, I could probably fix it, if I had some info on what to check out first.

tia Phil C London

Reply to
Phil Clark

My only qualification for offering advice here is that for years I used to bodge together other people's cast-off machines to use myself - someone much more qualified than me will probably give you a correct answer that shows my suggestions to be rubbish.

As it's not filling properly I'd check first for a blockage or knackered solenoid valve. Is the pressure okay at the filler hoses? The fact that it's doing the filling cycle (occasional rotation to disperse the load) but not wash cycle suggests that the pressure switch is working - it knows it's not full yet. When you say rinse is okay, is it filling properly on rinse? If so that would point me to the hot water feed.

Reply to
Rob Morley