Phew!! thank goodness thats over.

Anyone tried Lining a ceiling on they're own?

First piece i put up, one side would come down whilst trying to flatten tother side...bugger,hmmph,barsteward.

Cup O tea me thinks...Hah! yes where's the drawing pins.

Pin the middle and the end of one side till you have managed to flatten and smooth other side then pin it,then do other side.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It can make the back of your neck wet. A couple of scaffold boards on beer crates are very useful!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

So is this,which I bought last year. :-)

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've found a dry paint roller on a telescopic handle useful for ceiling papering, can be used to quickly flatten the paper against the ceiling, and wedged between the ceiling/wall corner and stepladder to keep one end in place while working at the other end.

Reply to
John Armstrong

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Use lots of paste.

Reply to
Guy King

paid.

=A3234.95.

Reply to
Aidan

> RRP £234.95.

He's some character. lol

Mind you though items bought out of Lidl,Aldi ave been known to sell just a little bit more if no one was able to get hold of a certain item at the time they where on sale. :-)

I paid 39.99GBP knock down price last year. most odd

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

My Dad taught me to snap a chalk line on the ceiling, make a "T" piece on the end of a pole, cut a full length of paper, paste it, lay it on the "T" piece concertina fashion and just walk the plank applying the paper, brushing it flat as ye go. then back the other way with the edge roller.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

too wet a mix will allow paper to fall from the ceiling as the OP describes.

Reply to
.

A friend who was a time served painter and decorator used to love papering ceilings. Always thought that was a bit odd .

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

That's not very nice. I wonder what he'd say if you asked him whether it was the Aldi one or not. I also wonder whether he's related at all to the ID "icemanmatt"...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

But all that takes so much trouble ... Can't be bothered doing all that ...

Well, you and I might but it sounds far more demanding than it is, dunnit?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

> RRP £234.95.

Con man,have you seen his own feed back. pmsl

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

So true! I wouldn't dream of doing it these days. If you don't like the look of the ceiling, don't look up, is my attitude.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

As much as I would have liked to plaster it...me back is not up to skimming ceilings. :-(

Must have been the hard graft over the years.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Once done it's done. It's not picked at by grandchildren or drawn on by other grandchildren. It can be painted.

Or it can be ignored.

We did ours many years ago, end of story.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "." contains these words:

Certainly does! As does not allowing the paper to have a really good soak.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Mike Halmarack contains these words:

Tell you what I can't stand...swirly Artex. I don't mind the slightly stippled look - where the bumps aren't pointy and not more than about

2mm high, but fan-shaped comb-work and so on is utterly abhorrent.
Reply to
Guy King

Damn right. There comes a time when the only relevant d-i-y that remains, is breathing. :-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Some people's ceiling story is a serial.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack