Phenolic Resin Sheeting

Is this the dogs bollix as flooring for a small trailer.

Is it completely waterproof or are the edges its achilles heel ?

Reply to
fred

pretty much completely waterproof

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe it is treated with the same thermosetting resin used in Formica s heets today's bakelite. Heavy though but you may find caravan specification stuff for light duties. It is used in static vans for animal housing. Alth ough that is given a vinyl cover to prevent leaks -which would seem to indi cate a lack of faith.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

It will absorb water, although that seems to affect its insulation properties more than its strength.

Personally, I would use high density polyethylene rigid sheet. I used it, 25mm thick, for table tops in a clean room as it resists not just water but a whole range of cleaning chemicals.

Reply to
Nightjar

Polythene resists chemicals nicely, but isn't very tough. A heavily scratched floor is hard to clean.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

There's a similar product made from re-cycled plastic. Cheaper??

Totslly waterproof.

Reply to
harry

I'm familiar with HDP sheet but find it too expensive for this application

Reply to
fred

HMmm. When I win the Lotto

Reply to
fred

No. I've discovered that cut edges must be treated wirg bitumen or simillar to achieve waterproof-ness

Reply to
fred