Phases of Redecoration

Hi all,

I've recently bought a house (first time buyer). Its a 3bed semi. Built 1994 - ofch and Double glazing.

I've budgeted =A39000 to redecorate.

I hope to lay laminate floors, new doors (presently there's those fake brown ones that are hollow), full paint/wallpaper, tile kitchen floor and bathroom, install electric shower in bathroom and a new kitchen (from B&Q). I hope to inatall pine panel doors and paint them as they hang.

I hope to start asap.... but I'm wondering - what is the best order to do all these things ie Will i paint first before laying the laminate floors? Will I get a joiner to hang the new doors before laying the floors?

I regard myself pretty competent at DIY (gona install alarm system - plum and wire kitchen and shower). I'm an industrial electrician and I have l little experience of house construction.

Thanks for your help, Shay

Reply to
shayglenn