Here's another link to keep her going.

BigWallop

That's a good idea.

Indeed.

You is very kind, thank you. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah, I have shown her similar (in fact the site in your next message) and whilst that sort of thing seems very informative to us I'm not sure how useful it is to a complete noob.

What I mean is if you really understand how a 4/ engine works (ie, such that you could describe and answer questions about to someone else) a moving diagram would probably be enough to explain the differences between that and a 2/.

Also, these things sometimes mean more *after* you have played with the real thing. Once you have seen and more importantly 'examined' say an engine with it's exhaust and inlet manifolds removed (so you can see into the ports and see the piston etc), going back to the diagram really can help answer those final questions.

The specs are essential for second level faultfinding and exploded diagrams for accurate re-assembly.

As an IT trainer (mainly hardware) for 6 years I really put high value on 'show and tell' and 'hands on', especially for those coming form less practical backgrounds, backed up by some clear documentation, especially including good photos and diagrams.

What you do you understand and this is very much the case with our daughter. Whist she's pretty bright and can take concepts onboard reasonably quickly the penny never fully drops until she's actually done said for real. Like when I noticed her motorcycle riding suddenly became smoother and when we got home she says .. "ah, clutch and gears .. I get it now ..." ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m