Petrol or Diesel car?

Please eff off you are an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You must eff off as you are an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is strange. The local dealers stock piles of diesel turbos.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is a known lunatic. He has to live away from everyone else because sensible neighbours would natural attack such people.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I thought it was a new model, not just an incredibly minor facelift?

Reply to
Adrian

A simple planetary gear cluster (the power splitter) the size of your palm - the Model T had one. It apportions power between the two motors.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

ICE/Steam hybrid:

Reply to
Mark

It's for all the world like a differential with a power take off from the gear cage. Which makes a CVT between both electric motor and engine to the output. But of course dribble doesn't understand such things - he thinks a gearbox has to have a shift lever of some sort.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Each word dribble utters shows he's never driven one - let alone owned one. The performance on the open road is pathetic when loaded as you very soon run out of battery assistance. Which is precisely why the latest one has a more powerful engine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wonder what MG dribble is talking about. The 'B' isn't based on a Minor but the next size up. Oxford/Cambridge if you must make a comparison. And even the very first model had a higher top speed than 85. That would have been a MG Midget which was based on the Austin A35/Minor size of car.

Certainly hit with the ugly stick.

Uninspired to drive is the kindest I can say about it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

not true.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

we know that, you would do better to concentrate on valid benefits rather than all the nonsense. you get 60 to the gallon, A Cooper S gets 55+, big deal. Its faster than an MGB, big deal. On faster roads its not as good as a BMW where it uses more fuel, not impressive. You claim most of us dont use motorways, nonsense. You claim a car with two propulsion systems is simpler than one with one. You try and tell me about diesels when I have the experience of the petrol and diesel BMW 3 series over many thousands of miles.

You say its very smooth, I would like to hear about that.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

now I know you are trolling

Reply to
clumsy bastard

clumsy bastard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It doesn't do any better than the various non-hybrids with automatic engine stop-start, which have the advantage of not having a quarter of a ton of batteries in the boot.

I would, too, because it'd be in complete contrast to my own experience of the Pious.

Reply to
Adrian

It isn't brisk and it doesn't have great handling according to those who know.

no.

why do you keep posting the same idiotic comment?

Reply to
clumsy bastard

BMW and Merc were working a hydrogen then after spending a fortune dropped it as electric hybrids took over. This steam assist only gives 15% more mpg. Big licks eh!!!! So a 25 mpg car will return 28.75mpg. Payback? Never!! They could get more than that reduction by a lighter body and front wheel drive eliminating heavy rear axles.

It is best they start to look at electric hybrids as all electric will be the norm soon. Or maybe the air powered car, which Tata are backing. Tata own Jaguar/Land Rover and Chorus Steel. A big player indeed.

Doctor Drivel

so no substitute for a 5 series BMW which is comfortable, swift, handles well and is reasonably quiet and uses the same amount of fuel.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Stop making things up. It does 0-60 in 10 secs. bets you wrote, "I never knew that, I will look into buying one".

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

hybrid bus? The London eco buses are not hybrid as far as I remember.

Reply to
clumsy bastard