Petrol in a Diesel car (ooops).

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

You are, of course, ignoring the "how can I make a quick buck" culture `

Reply to
raden

In message , Mike Mitchell writes

A certain Mike Absalom song springs to mind

Reply to
raden

"Yankees" are Northerners but general usage is that "Yank" means any USAian nowadays.

Reply to
usenet

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. She is trying to claim compensation now, for her own stupidity. She acknowledged that she read the instructions and then went her own sweet way!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Now that's some endorsement...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only for a car that must, normally because it has a CAT, have unleaded. Though I guess there aren't many cars, in normal use, that are old enough not to have a CAT.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've got one...;-)

I suppose we must blame the popularity of diesel cars for these problems. At one time the only diesel pump was well away and easily identified by the sticky mess under it. Still didn't stop some managing to use it on a petrol car - "oh good, the only 'free' pump with lots of space to draw up to"

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suppose so. Sound logic. I have never looked at it that way before.

Reply to
timegoesby

But then they pay starvation wages to a huge percentage of the population. It's the American dream for those that have, but somewhat of a nightmare for those that haven't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Uh!

They do work hard. Effectively? Nah. And I have worked with countless Americans. A slightly lazy worker with a brain is the best. He thinks it out before he does anything. Those who just go at it can do a lot of damage very quickly.

Well they only have 2 weeks holiday over there.

They pay taxes in other ways.

That they do. And they also need proper gun laws.

Look at how fast the UK reacted to the Falklands invasion. The speed in mustering an amphibious army sailing half way around the world astounded many.

They bastards will not allow up to build anything, even on land within and outside the local plan.

Have look around London. There are lots of 24 hour stores around. The Tesco Express at Maida Valve sells more per squ foot than any other Tesco in the world.

The UK is full of DIY stores. DIY/renovation TV progs are on every channel every day. We are a can do society.

Reply to
IMM

Of course - but to accuse the Americans of corrupting English is, quite often, wrong.

Reply to
Bob Eager

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

Since you seem to be in language/spelling nitpicking mode, I'm going to point out that you omitted an apostrophe.

Steve S

Reply to
SteveS

What *are* you on about? Who were you talking to, and with reference to what?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Si, si.

Reply to
IMM

Well sort of. Except those yobs in tattoos, but they are now in the Middle class too, so wee can't blame the wurkhas for that.

Very good 10/10. Of course. Good work.

Reply to
IMM

Maxi, many people say it sound like a speech impediment.

Reply to
IMM

You have never been thee. It is in Buckinghamshire about 7 miles from Buckingham.

So that is why the F1 car industry is based there.

Reply to
IMM

No one could make Milton Keynes up if they tried.

Legoland (Bedfordshire) is awful.

The local clutch and brake company must do a bomb.

Driving through Legoland: roundabout, down into 3rd gear, across roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout, down into 3rd gear. across roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout

(repeat ad lib)

Graham

Reply to
Graham Wilson

Where are we talking about now ? F1 is spread from Silverstone to Slough.

Reply to
G&M