petrol/acetone smell in boiler cupboard

There is an odd petrol/acetone like smell coming from cupboard where the combi bolier is situated. Anyone else experienced this? Is this a worry?

Thanks

Reply to
neil leslie

What boiler is it? If it has a printed circuit board (PCB) check it isn't smouldering.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

The boiler is an Ariston.

Reply to
neil leslie

Some water treatments for closed-loop systems smell a bit acetoney to me. I wonder if it might be some spilled or a tiny leak.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I know its probably got nothing to do with it.

But years ago when I first moved into this house, I had a smell under the stairs. A bit like petrol or gas. I had the gas board to come out, as I had an old uncapped gas pipe in there.

It was not that.

I bet you cannot guess what it was.

But - Outside leaning up against the outside wall was a upturned petrol container that had leaked. The vapours had penetrated the double brick wall, and had built up in the still air environment of under the stairs.

Reply to
me_and_my