pest control

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a mouse problem. He had Rentokil in a while back, and they laid bait (or something in white containers) and couldn't find the hole. Nothing was seen for a while (year or two) but now they are back.

Can anyone recommend a more competent pest control company in London? Should we expect any competent company to find and block their entrance into the dwelling? Are Rentokil actually good?

Antony

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

I would say that two years without mice is pretty good. The little bleeders breed like there is no tomorrow if there is space for them to expand into. It's not a problem that you fix once and it done it's an on going thing. I'm not surprised they couldn't find the hole either. Sometimes they are in inaccessible places or extremely well hidden.

The best way to control them is to make the area less inviting for them. Make sure that things like bird seed are stored in such a way as the mice can't get at it. Ensure that the house is clean and food is stored securely.

Falling that get a cat (they work - although I wouldn't get one).

Reply to
doozer

Aye, every year in the Autumn, though we've only caught 2 or 5 this winter.

Aye, especially if you are rural. Our rough grass "paddock" is riddled with small holes, now they might be moles, voles, shrews or mice.

Aye, and a mouse can get through a very small hole if it wants to. Not much more than 1/4" across though 3/8" would be prefered as they then don't have to dislocate the plates of their skull (which is the part of their body that limits the hole size).

Aye, take away the food source and they'll move on.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Buy a "Little Nipper" mouse trap. Set in the area they frequent and bait with a few porridge oats wait 20 minutes and you have one dead mouse. Never fails for me. As far as blocking entrance you will need to make the dwelling airtight - they do not need a nice round hole. Good hunting. Monolog

Reply to
Robert Jenkins

Can't you get the council pest controllers to come in at a preferential rate?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Agree with little nipper but the best bait is chocolate the little buggers cant resist when they got into the garage I could set the trap and it would go before I got out the door!

Robert Jenk>>

Reply to
JD