Perpetual motion (continued)

You are old fool, out of step idiot. Things can't go on as they are. Only half wits think they can.

Reply to
harryagain

Don't worry. We'll talk to you again about that in the winter.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well I still produce power but the wind turbines will take over. It's called diversity.

Reply to
harryagain

so, on hot summer nights with no wind - as we have at present - you have no power?

Reply to
charles

as well as cold winter days with no wind.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh sure. You may have noticed the lack of power produced by wind while we have this high pressure over us producing the hot weather. Try that in winter, with freezing fog at the same time. Result: no wind or solar power over most of Northern Europe - for an extended period, just like now.

It's unreliable, y'see.

Reply to
Tim Streater

harryis a secret agent in the pay of fossil fuel companies, working to make renewable energy look as silly as it really is, by trotting out nonsense that any fule kno is nonsense. Lets face it, if being green means being like harry, whowouldn't want to be a climate denier instead?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any skoolboy, come to that, never mind fule.

Reply to
Tim Streater

He uses coal, gas and nuclear.

Reply to
dennis

I shalldofine on cold Winter days.

Reply to
harryagain

Wind turbines and PV are only part of the solution.

Reply to
harryagain

So you think the climate isn't changing?

Reply to
harryagain

The point is not whether it is changing, but why it is changing. The case for anthropomorphic change is not supported by any scientific proof. Even the IPCC is forced to admit it is simply the opinion of the experts they consulted and, despite their best efforts to fudge the results by not publishing actual figures, it seems likely that it was often a bare majority decision.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I don't think the climate is changing to be the shape of a human being.

Perhaps you mean "anthropogenic"? (Which is hardly better, since it means "causing human beings", but it seems to be the accepted term now.)

Reply to
Huge

I love auto correcting spell checkers, don't you?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Well you don't *have* to use one.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And the other parts are?

Reply to
Tim Streater

You haven't seen what I type without it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Wind turbines and PV are not even part of the solution.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To be honest, the last two years are exactly like two years I remember as a boy in the 1950s.

So I would probably say, 'depends on what timescale'

It certainly isn't as hot, or as cold as it has been in the past.

But its got warmer, and colder, and warmer and colder, twice in my lifetime over decades.

Certainly the days of growing tender plants - and expecting them to make it over the winter, have gone.

I stuffed in an escallonia in 2001, it lasted till 2011. Its dead now.

I think we have had 15 years of exceptionally warm winters and that's finished.

So whether that's the climate changing, or simply varying about a mean, is down to argument.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher