Permission for TV aerial.

OK! Silly me. But if you can read carefully you will also see that PC referred to the stack and then changed that into breast.

The points about drilling chimneys etc. still stand and I have no idea why the poster would be worried about drilling into internal walls if that is the case.

But at least my message continues the message that this practice is taboo and thus should be avoided by DIYers at all cost.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

In that case 90% goes straight back to the government in taxes. I think they've worked that one out

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Well yes.

All of which justifies the point that the money would have been better off nothaving been collected in the first place. Fewer middlemen and civil servants to feed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , snipped-for-privacy@TISCALI.CO.UK writes

Eh who what?

If you know as much about heights as you say you do then how the heck do you think people climb masts? There are many different safety systems, such as:

you attach a harness to. The most basic though would be a harness with 2 lanyards and you make your way up/down by fixing one, moving fixing the 2nd one and then refixing the 1st.

The pros that I know who do this have been doing for years with no problems. If you don't mind I'll leave it to them rather than you.

Reply to
Bill