Permanent flat roof edge repair - is it possible?

Hi,

Thanks for the previous suggestions on repairing the cracked edge of a flat "felt" roof that was cleverly letting water creep behind the gutter and into my mother's bathroom. Water will find a way.

The flashband and "bitumen" BlackJack(?) seem to be holding up in this heavy rain but I guess one day it will fail. Is it possible to lift and repair the lowest edge parts of a felt roof? As I look at the strips, they are laid from the edge by the gutter, back towards the "highest" (a comparative rather than absolute term) part of the roof. This laying pattern means the overlain horizontal edges do not trap rainwater as it runs off the roof. If I tried to lift and replace the edge felt I'm guessing it would cause the felt on top of it to crack and crumble. So is a long term repair "just" to strip and replace all the felt? Has anyone used the "rubberised" roofing material much praised in a couple of Grand Designs proggies?

Thanks

Clive

Reply to
Clive

is it insulated? if youre going to do a proper job then maybe you should consider say 3 inches plus of kingspan then a waterproof covering...

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]