Performance Rotary Tool 140w

I was given this tool some time ago, came with a flexi drive, stand and a load of bits. Not had occasion to use it until last night. Put one of the spiral cutter bits in the chuck, tightened it up and it promptly fell out! Tried several times but with the same result. It appears that the collet/chuck will only take a 3mm (approx) shank, whereas all the bits supplied with it are 2mm (approx). Am I missing something, apart from decreasing brain cells? Are there different size collets/chucks?

Reply to
john

I have a similar B&Q tool, and it was supplied with various sized collets. They're sited in a compartment on the outside of the case, with a clear cover.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, that answers the question then! No case with this, just given to me in a cardboard box. Will have to see if I can source replacements. Thanks for the reply

Reply to
johno

In article , johno writes

You can sometimes get away with using tightly stretched pvc insulation tape as a collet reducer. Overwind a bit on the shaft of the tool , try it for size then unwind half a turn off at a time until you get a decent fit.

Ok for crappy little grinder bits and such, not ok for router bits.

Reply to
fred

I bought a set of bits for a Dremel type tool from Aldi some time back. It included lots of different cutting, grinding, drilling and sanding bits and included a set of different sized collets. Very useful box for, I think, about a tenner.

Reply to
chudford

Got a similar set from Lidl - can't remember the price - and have just looked at it as it was just for more bits, not needed yet. And it too has collets. Great. I'm missing one from elsewhere.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)