Performance Power charger smokin'!

I didn't even introduce that concept because the court would laugh at the notion. They look at the price range of the type of product and on seeing it in the bottom quartile .......

Doesn't help because one will be a dud.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thinking about this further, if they do that the EU will be on them like a ton of bricks. Large quantities of batteries MUST be recycled, though for some reason the UK doesn't have the battery recycling bins you see in Madrid or Berlin.

Reply to
G&M

I was speaking figuratively. They probably gather them all up first..

I needed to dump some old car batteries the other day and took them to the local tip. There was a bin for lead car batteries and another for dry and rechargeable batteries. What happens to them after that, who knows.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Once they are gathered together, the authority is legally obliged to get them recycled. The problem is most people still throw them in the household rubbish.

Reply to
G&M

There is little incentive to do otherwise with small batteries.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Landfill, almost certainly.

Reply to
Huge

Sounds like a lame excuse to throw them in the bin there >:(

In reality they are taken to France for recycling:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I take car batteries to the tip. There's not many of them, and that's a lot of lead.

French landfill, then.

^^^^^^^^^^

I don't believe *anything* HMG tells me.

Like, they tell me that the landfill tax reduces the amount of landfill. In actual fact, the "reduction" is fly-tipped in my drive.

Reply to
Huge

That's why many European cities are full of battery recycling bins - you just know you will go past one and so put them in your pocket until you do. The UK just hasn't got the hang of recycling at all.

Reply to
G&M

Sounds good... it did look a bit like the sort of comment from someone who can't be arsed to recycle anything.

Oops, meant Ni Cads there, not any batteries.

Nooo, they are recycled by SNAM (Societe Nouvelle d'Affinage des Metaux).

Well I did post three other links that were snipped out.

I doubt it, the sort of people who fly tip probably can't be arsed to find out where the local tip is, let alone take stuff there.

If it's really bad, how about a hidden CCTV camera, so you can pass on their details?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C
[27 lines snipped]

And you think the police will *do* anything? You jest.

Reply to
Huge

Hi,

The Environment Agency are the main contact and have a hotline number:

contact the council, they will have to clear it up if it's on the highway, and so it doesn't attract more tipping.

Probably only worth calling the police if there's someone in the process of tipping, but even if they miss them it's worth at least getting an incident number so it's logged.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C