Perculiar soldering iron problem.

I replaced the 150 VA 24 volt transformer with 24 and 18 volt 50 VA types. The Pace now works ok - although I did have to rejig a few component values in the driver board. It is obviously slower to heat than before but on a quick test works fine - you don't usually need the same amount of power reserve with a desolder tool as you might with an ordinary iron.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)