Pent shed roof pitch

I am going to build a 16 x 10ft pent roof shed and would like to know what pitch I should use for the roof?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

once you've satisifed the materials minimum pitch angle it's down to aesthetics.

Tiles need 41 degrees, slates a bit less at 35 degrees, and sheeting very much less.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to
keith_765

Torch on felt will go down to 10 degs to flat , some roof tiles go down to

12.5 degs and fastnet fibre cement slates go down to 22.5 degs. Or you can go up to 45 degs on all roofing materials or steeper.

Keith

Reply to
keith_765

Sorry for not making it clear, but it will be a felt roof..

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

well it will leak whatever pitch its at, so don't worry ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A useful answer!!

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

More useful:

"It will leak eventually whatever pitch you use"

But felt is cheap and quick. There's nothing wrong with felting as long as you factor in complete replacement (10 years for professional three layer torch-on felt, 2-3 years for single layer nailed on a shed) as a permanent feature. As others have said, with felt the pitch is (more or less) irrelevant so just make it as convenient. Too steep and getting the felt actually on may be a problem, really flat you'll get pooling, which you don't want.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Agreed.

Reply to