Penny dropping

Hmmm. LibDems have a manifesto policy of a Mansion Tax. Labour move a vote recommending a Mansion Tax. LibDems vote against it....

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Perhaps they have a different definition of a mansion.

But we mustn't forget that property tax only was removed in the 1960s.

Reply to
charles

There's also the corollary to that: if the opposition makes a sensible suggestion, the governing party immediately can't use it. This is a problem on two levels: good ideas go to waste and the opposition can use this method to bork policy. Of course, 'tis we wot suffer.

Reply to
PeterC

Less than eight hours to go and it's now increased to a 2278MW shortfall (46875MW Demand, 44597MW Indicated Generation

Reply to
The Other Mike

Strange, I thought my local council still charged me a property tax every month.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

En el artículo , The Other Mike escribió:

Apols if it's already been posted (can't spot it), but where are you getting those figures? Ta.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Now increased again to a 2727MW shortfall, 46875MW demand, 44148 Indicated Generation)

Day/Day Ahead Demand & Gen

Settlement period 38 23rd March

Reply to
The Other Mike

Looks like 20GW of CCGT capacity constrained off due to gas shortages

Demand is currently 750MW above the predicted demand line and climbing all the time.

Reply to
The Other Mike

that's a local one - theer used to be an national one as well.

Reply to
charles

It's getting worse, now a predicted 3103 MW shortfall

44272 MW Indicative Generation 47375 MW Predicted Demand
Reply to
The Other Mike

If all the parties agreed what would be the point of parties?

People might ask that question and come to a very unfortunate (for te politicians) conclusion.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

property tax has never been removed. Except for a failed attempt by one M Thatcher. It's called council tax.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

we've got 2.5GW coming from 'Le Continent' and a bit of oil and OCGT available. Most of the nukes are up and running, and it looks like so is the coal.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No system warnings though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you graph the frequency data anywhere, it's been under 50Hz every time I've looked today (but never under 49.9summat)

Lucky fluke that wind has picked the past couple of days for its 12 month peak!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I never bothered to graph it, though I have it all in the database.

yes, it is on the low side today..it will pick up overnight.

yerrs. I am wondering if the London Array is finally strutting its stuff..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now increased again to a 3204 MW shortfall

47375 MW Predicted Demand 44171 MW Indicative Generation

Wait another 30 mins or so (T- 4 hours). If nothing is heard then, then there are already demand reductions and/or disconnections in force for major users.

Reply to
The Other Mike

So, will the green types be telling us the renewables kept the lights on?

Reply to
Terry Fields

The one I'm referring to was part of Income Tax - Schedule A.

Reply to
charles

If you cut the electric off to domestic properties then won't the gas boiler stop working anyway?

Reply to
mogga