pedestal basin height - plinth

Knock it up out of MDF and tile it.

My latest bathroom has a chrome stand for the (otherwise wall mounted) basin. This is so much higher than the vanity units THEY had to be jacked up on a tiled MDF plinth to match it :-)

Anyway, make sure you can still piss in it, however high it is. Until you get the loo installed, thats a useful feature ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from Frank Erskine contains these words:

The wife was most taken with my Mum's kitchen sink. It goes up and down at the touch of a button - from about 2' up to about 3'6". Smashing. I can wash up without getting a stiff back.

Reply to
Guy King

No problem once you're started, its the kick-off and completion that wet yer foot. And I hope you have another solution for number 2. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I am sure I don't know WHAT you mean there...

Bucket and spade..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, photos up at . Not very good ones as the sun is streaming through the south-facing window (there's no danger of our being overlooked, so we also have plain glass in the window wiht a *wonderful* view down the garden). As to details, it was 10 years ago and memory is fuzzy. The material was simply green chipboard, painted and then carpeted (and to all I-hate-carpet-in-bathroom fans, it's worked remarkably well). We arranged it so that the basin is pretty-well flush with the windowsill, which is tiled to match the bath times. Come back to me if you have any specific questions.

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey