PDP/11 chassis door swings shut ...

This one? -

brass monkey

The seventies, sideburns, and shit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I gave my 11/23+ to the Bletchley Park Computer Museum a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Huge

Not recently but I still have all the kit it's just not set up. I think I will have to hand turn the 444 if I ever do get round to firing it all up again. It hasn't been turned for years and the grease/oil may have set. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can always use some oil from your Disco sump

;-))

Reply to
DieSea

Ah, you wuz spoiled ... gimme a Creed 7B (operated with the covers off, of course ...)

[Actually did my university project on one of those, working with a PET ...]
Reply to
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Missed the bit about the Creed 75 that could do 75 baud or the Teletype Model 28. Covers is for wuzzes... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Covers are to stop the "Dragon" complaining about noise at 3 in the morning

I had one that ran on 455 and the other that ran on 50

In fact I've still got the gars some where

In the shed I think

That's the reason I moved to a Tonna Theta ;-))))

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

I was fascinated with all the pictures that could be made on them. Someone must have gone to alot of trouble in those days to bring such joy to people. I remeber doing a spitfire on mine, grief, it took all day and most of the evening to print it out. It was massive when it was put together. The Creed 444 was my first rtty machine. Jim

Reply to
the_constructor