pcb for old boiler

who is it on here who has a stock on of old bits and pieces for boilers? John Rumm?

Brother has an old Ravenheat (about 25 yrs old) that has packed in due to the pcb being knackered. He's gone through the tests in the manual and this is the outcome, so I've suggested trying a replacement if there's one available cheaply before replacing the entire boiler

TIA

Reply to
Phil L

Phil. Does he need a PCB? Would a new programmable controller work? What does the PCB do?

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Dunno about John; but I imagine it's Geoff at

that you're after

David

Reply to
Lobster

+1, yep he's your man:)...
Reply to
tony sayer

In the farthest reaches of the attic they have the PCB's for the Noah Mk1 heating system. Of course they can never be reached. You either get killed by the tectonic shift of 30,000 PCB's and "things which will be useful one day" or the alligator gets you.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Baz writes

What. one , that works off mains and switches mains and is approved by Ravenheat which wouldn't invalidate your insurance if things went wrong?

Reply to
geoff

Yeah, John's a big softie ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , tony sayer writes

01923 229224
Reply to
geoff

In message , Peter Parry writes

Ssh...

That's company secrets, that is

Reply to
geoff

Not me, (unless you want some bits for an Ideal Mexico), Geoff is your man...

Reply to
John Rumm

A bit too big and soft in some places...

Reply to
John Rumm

Toooo much info

Reply to
geoff

Surely small and soft is worse than big and soft?

Reply to
newshound

Depends on what you are referring to, with a beer gut, it might be preferrable ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Heh. You sound like me... I gutted my old Vaillant before consigning it to the tip a few months ago, and amidst much scorn from SWMBO put all the 'useful' bits on ebay when they had a 'free listing day', on the off chance that someone with the same boiler developing a fault within the

10-day window of my listing - nothing sold ("what did I tell you?") - each 'free listing' day since I've clicked 'relist'. The other day - RESULT! several bits went, for about 35 GBP :)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I went a stage further - pulled a Honeywell programmer off the wall, and was about to bin it. Then noticed they are £90 new, so decided it was probably worth the £4 investment to replace its rechargeable battery so that it actually works like it should do! Will have to see if that will sell...

Reply to
John Rumm

I won't tell you how many timers and programmers I disposed of the year before last

Reply to
geoff