PC World burn houses down?

Just found this in alt.consumers.uk.discounts.and.bargains

Note the bit about the plug and then the fuse and action taken to cure the problem!

Wonder how many fires they will cause?

******************************************************************** Hi All,

Thought some of you might be interested to know that I just got a nice little 14" TFT colour monitor for £59.97 all in from PC World. It is available via internet ordering only, but must be collected from a store.

I had to travel a bit to a store with stock, but managed to get one in Brighton.

First impressions are that it is not a bad monitor - better than I had expected for the price. It only does 1024x768 resolution and the response rate is slow (40ms) but for basic PC use, it might do for some people out there, especially for a second PC.

Comes complete with a 1 yr on site swap warranty, and built in speakers (not tried yet).

Only warning is that mine came with a 'shaver' type plug on the adaptor so I've had to use a shaver adaptor to connect it to the mains. If you do that, make sure that you change the fuse in the adaptor from a 1 amp to a 3 amp else it will blow.

Other than that, I'm pleased with my bargain.

Hope this helps someone else.

Reply to
EricP

PC World do not sell electrical products in the UK with anything other than a 3 pin plug if it is to run from the mains. A bit of a silly message title! Do you know how electrical fires start? Have a look on the Internet.

Reply to
pete