PC Speakers - no power supply but I have a drawer full of power supplies!

This is the problem:

I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter.

I have a collection of power adapters, and they are never marked up with the device they came from.... I also have a multi-settings power adapter that I can use to test these speakers.

There is nothing on the speakers to indicate what the power adapter should provide. Though I have another set of older twin speakers (Creative) and they require 9v.

I was wondering what settings I could try to see if I can get the Ozaki set tested.

The Ozaki pdf manual that I have managed to locate does not go into these details.

Thanks

Reply to
alo

Thy 'em on 6V. If they work, fine. If they sound crap try 9V. And so on. The correct voltage will be two steps below the one where they start to smoke.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ha ha... Thanks I have set them up at 9V.... seem to be working OK... no smoke anyway.

It very hard to mark up power supply bricks, they are usually made of black plastic, with a very small writing writing area... once they get seperated from their designated device they all start looking the same! I think I might start branding them like cattle, with a hot implement!

Thanks

Reply to
alo

The new type Dymo labels stick quite well. I've also used normal paper labels, doubled round the cable, with some success.

Reply to
John Williamson