PC Fan wiring Q

Going to be using a PC fan on a non-PC project. (details in earlier thread)

I bought (and also recommended here) the ARCTIC F12 PRO TC

It arrived ... and as well as standard 3 pin lead which is normally +ve,

-ve & tacho It has a separate lead with temp sensor ..... I do not wish the fan to control itself I want to control it from external unit .... anybody know how to disable this tempo sense function.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I think these are usually just a thermistor, so if you short it out, it should run at full speed. If not, leave it open circuit ;)

Reply to
Toby

I'll try both

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Or the middle ground replace it with a fixed value resistor which should be far more stable than a thermistor in relation to temperature changes. Value? Measure the resistance of the thermister when it "hot" say 40 or 50 C.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or be kind, fit a resitor value that kids it that it is a bit too hot.

Reply to
Bob Minchin