PC chair broke

Hi, my pc chair has broken on the bracket which holds the seat to the gas lift. Nowhere on the chair is there a makers name, the only writing is on the bracket itself which says Made In Italy.
Does anyone know where I might get a replacement.
Andy.

If it's steel, perhaps welding it would be a better solution? I have seen a number of chairs repaired by such means...
Alternatively, replacement may be cheaper than repair.
I have just picked up an office chair for 35 from a local office relocation sale - it's a very good one in good condition and infinitely more comfortable than the IKEA office chair that it replaced.
www.scottassociates.co.uk were the people who were handling the sale for the company that was moving - they might have similar sales in an area close to you.
-- Richard Sampson

Italy.
;-)
--

Regards.

Nick Pitfield ( snipped-for-privacy@nickpitfield.com)

Handy thing to carry around on holliday I must say. Mind you he could offer it to the ladies in cafe's etc.
It mighteven get him into a room with a view or a fight or something. It could prove very interesting.
It might also come in handy if a lion escaped from a circus or a zoo or somewhere (one of those parks where they stock them perhaps?) Of course one would need to be able to rely on the chair no to collapse should one attempt to defend one against a lion with a computer chair.
And of course one not only has to assume a certain ability with Italian to be aware of the situation, should it arise. (Knowing my luck I'd have left it on the train or a bus or something. (Do they allow lions on busses in Italy?) Probably along with my dictionary or phrase book which again, knowing my luck would lack a translation of the phrase "Beware the lion that just got off the bus (or whatever)")

"Michael McNeil" wrote | And of course one not only has to assume a certain ability with | Italian to be aware of the situation, should it arise. (Knowing | my luck I'd have left it on the train or a bus or something. | (Do they allow lions on busses in Italy?) Probably along with | my dictionary or phrase book which again, knowing my luck would | lack a translation of the phrase "Beware the lion that just got | off the bus (or whatever)")
Madam my castor appears to have entangled in the wheel of your perambulator.
I can only offer heartfelt apologies.
What a beautiful baby.
Please allow me to extricate the offending article without further inconvenience to yourself.
Please stand still.
I require a spanner, a screwdriver, a tyre lever, a jack, a pocket calculator, a pair of gloves.
I am sorry, my hand slipped.
There is no need to resort to violence.
Please telephone for the carabinieri.
Has somebody telephoned for an ambulance?
I have a fractured jaw, a dislocated shoulder, a broken arm.
Here is some money.
Please take the correct money only.
No, this woman is not my wife.
Is this the way to the police station?
I would like a cup of tea, a small bowl of pasta, a duty solicitor ...
Owain

Look at the viking site / office catalogue. I recently bought a high back leather office chair for 29 pounds (I think they are about 35 now) it makes repair of the old one uneconomic.

Still 29.99 on this link:
http://tinyurl.com/2gkfb
But not much good IMHO...
cheers, Pete.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:23:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@not.my.real.address (Pete C.) wrote:

For 29 quid one shouldn't complain :)
PoP

No, but your back will ;-)
I would willingly work on a scaffolding plank bridging two piles of bricks as long as I had a good chair.
IMHO any office chair costing less than 100 is disposable and should be disposed off as quickly a possible.
As has been said before, there is nothing in this world that someone cannot make cheaper and worse.
Paul Mc Cann

I now use Lycos, they seem to offer better deals than Viking.
I would, however, from experience, steer clear of really cheap office chairs, they tend to be crap
--
geoff

Italy?
--