Paving slabs

I need 20-off 600x600 ordinary concrete slabs, 38 or 50mm, second-hand OK. Plenty around, but collect only or delivery kills it. There's a place in the W. Miidlands that would charge £168 for the slabs, a big bag of sharp sand and delivery (yes, almost forgot the sand).

Wickes would be only about £20 cheaper for the slabs; add sand and delivery and it's more from a place 5 miles away (Wickes' national dist. point) than from 60+! BMs seem to be even more expensive. There are probably plenty of old slabs around here, but no way of finding out. Freegle etc. no good as I have no transport.

A few months ago some one on here mentioned that slabs are cheap - from where, please?

Reply to
PeterC

Round here slabs are often free to collect via gumtree ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

400 x 400 £2 at B&Q any good?
Reply to
stuart noble

A two-second google finds...

£95 for 25, or
Reply to
Adrian

But he has already said he cannot collect.I guess it would mean asking any person what they would charge to run them around. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So how much to hire a van for aday? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No, unfortunately, I need 600. I've some 450x600 but not enough to do the job at 600 wide.

Reply to
PeterC

Should be OK in a Jiffybag.

Reply to