Pation and airbricks advice

I'd like to build a raised patio (not to high) which will be against the back wall of our house. Trouble is, the air bricks on the wall are only about 6inches from the ground and the raised patio would probably cover this. Is there a way round it?

Failing that it will have to be some decking!!

Steven

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Obviously the original should have read "Patio and airbricks advice"

Reply to
Steven Campbell

What do they actually vent? The wall cavity? An underfloor void?

Reply to
EricP

================================== You can get 'periscope air bricks'. These are usually used *inside* the building to ventilate the space under a suspended floor but there's no reason why you couldn't adapt the idea for external use provided that you ensure that they don't get blocked.

See:

- 'Telescopic underfloor vent' for the general idea.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

We had an extension put on the back of the house and the air bricks appear to vent the underfloor void. However I think it was an after thought as the air bricks have slightly different roughcast around it to the rest of the wall. I've just had another thought, I can't tell where the damp proofing course starts so that may just snooker the whole thing :o(

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell