Patio sealer ?

Just had a new Indian Limestone patio laid, and the joins pouinted. In my local B+Q store they are selling Thompsons One coat, Natural Stone Sealer. What is the current thinking on these sealers ? Are they recommended, will they enhance and protect the stone and how long will they last ??

Reply to
sndevereux

Personally, I'd go for Liquid Plastics K501:

John

Depends on the type of sealer. Some form a surface coating or film like varnish. The film will eventually break down and possibly need stripping back to recoat.

Alternatively they could be flurocarbon or silicone based products which soak into the stone rather than forming a film on top. Similar concept to Scotchguard. These tend to be much more expensive.

Can't find any info on the Thompsons stuff.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman