Patio advice please

Laying paving slabs onto existing concrete slab would take the height to just above the house dampcourse level. Would I get away with an unfilled 1/2" gap. The slabs will be laid on dabbed cement allowing any water to flow through on the existing base. Obviously both base and slabs will slope away from the house.

Thoughts?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Peter,

Already far too high!

From memory (someone will correct if I am wrong) the surface should be at least 150mm *below* DPC level. Remember, rain splashes, snow builds up.

Reply to
Rod

Go and take a look at this web site. He used to be a regular contributor to the group a year or two back, there's some excellent advice about how to do the job properly.

The Wanderer