Patchy emulsion

I hope someone may have an answer to this one

Rather than paper, I've spent a lot of time making the walls good, filling in all the cracks and holes and painted a coat of white emulsion with a good dollop of pva in it.

I'm painting the walls with a deep paprika colour matt emulsion - but am getting patches where I've filled - is it a question of just keep painting more coats until said patches disappear - or is there a dodge to get around this?

Cheers

Buzby

Reply to
Buzby

You should have given the filled patches a few coats (at least 3) of emulsion first to A) kill the suction and B) to give the filler a surface on which to apply the final coat(s).....all you can do now is to give the patches another coat and see if they dry the same as the rest of the wall and if they don't, you'll have to give everything another coat.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

*Why*?