PASLODE IM350

I am only on my second job with a Paslode (250 and a 350) and am truing to secure the 38mm softwood boards to the top of a deck. Exerything is softwood pressure treated etc. As the boards are 38mm and the supports are 150mm deep I plumbed for 90mm mails to ensure no lifting... however the gun appears to leave the nail proud by about 20mm (average) - so I tried the 72mm nails (same problem). I am holding the dun at the correct angle (perpendicular) and in firm contact with the surface. The gun has only fired about 500 nails so far (3 months ago).
Any ideas what I am doing wrong as I thaught the paslode had more balls.
John
Hi,
Going from memory, my paslode nailers are at home in the workshop - there is a slider mechanism that adjusts with the provided allen key that adjusts to either sink the nails or leave it proud, mind you 20mm seems a bit much for that. Also try you holding the gun down as with put one hand on the top by the fan as you fire.
Regards,
Steve.
On 14 Jul 2003 10:20:02 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net (John Durham) wrote:

- Steve Lowe - E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net - Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM - UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net