Partition wall

We just moved into a newly-built flat and were told that the noise insulation between apartments exceeded the current minimum standards. Mostly this is true as we can't hear the people upstairs, even though all have wood flooring.

However, our bedroom shares a wall with the bedroom of the flat next door, and there doesn't seem to be any insulation between the two en-suite bathrooms. This means we hear high-heels clicking on the tiled floor in the early mornings (3am), doors closing, all toilet activities and can even follow the conversation of our next door neighbours. It's not just that we can hear the noise, we can hear them as if there isn't a wall there at all, and it wakes us up regularly. Also the neighbours aren't being noisy, it's just seems to travel.

So I will be complaining to the developer but I was wondering - what is the current standards (if any) in building regulations for noise insulation between apartments? Are there any special circumstances for bathrooms?

Reply to
Pete