Partial new FAQ for use in wiki.

OK

is about 40% complete and needs all the links and contents sorting.

You are permitted and encouraged to lift any boiler specific material for the wiki.

You may only take the general safety and diagnosis material as a whole and you must credit Sam Goldwasser.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ah, you want us to do the work :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks Ed.

I think Electrical Safety justifies an article of its own, applicable to any work on electrics (particularly in wet environments: CH controls as well as boilers).

Likewise fault-finding in general: whether it's a boiler or an egg-timer the general principles are worth expounding.

For both of these I'm inclined to start by referring to the s.e.r. faq pages and adding a bit of localisation (plus a section on gas safety, probably referring to the gas fitting faq).

Then some stuff on boiler-specific safety and fault-finding

What I've done so far is a wiki page on safety

a straight copy+wiki-markup of the boiler bits of your FAQ
did start editing that but found it going in a rather different direction so I've made it into a different article on Boiler Evolution:
a lot of glitches in that as it was off the top of my head (which has obviously got a lot less boiler info in it than yours!) so if you feel inclined to correct/expand the more glaring errors/omissions please go ahead ...

Reply to
John Stumbles

That's a big step forward.

The momentum of the wiki seems to be increasing. I think I'll start adding a bit here and there. The advantage is that the info becomes available online quicker and links and other mark ups are simpler (for me).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It certainly is - traffic has ramped up to around 200-300 visits a day, and that's with very few inbound links to the wiki. The main faq gets between 1500 and 2000 visits a day. (note that these are unique visits, not hits - the number of hits is far greater, but is a less useful indicator).

Reply to
Grunff

not all of them benign:

John Stumbles