Part P Outside Light?

Hi all

Can someone clarify the outside light situation for me please? Does a single outside light fitting, with twin and earth feed straight through the wall into back of fitting fall into Part P?

I can understand general outside electrical work remote from the dwelling being included, but a light on the downstairs circuit, without exposed cabling (correctly connected/earthed).

Anyone shed any light (groan)?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Not according to IEE Wiring Matters magazine (Spring 2005, page 2), provided it's connected to an existing circuit and the connection is not made in the kitchen or a "special location" (bath, sauna, etc).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

According to recent IEE clarification this is not notifiable under Part P if the supply is taken from an existing circuit and the connection is not made in a kitchen or other special location.

Reply to
Andy Wade

This is only if the cable goes through the wall and straight into the back of the fitting I assume? Or would this cover the cable running up the wall to the lamp?

Darren

Reply to
dmc

The Wiring Matters article does not discuss the route taken by the cable, only the things I mentioned previously and that the light is mounted on an outside wall of the house.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Thanks to all

Wouldn't have suprised me if it had been included! Common sense doesn't seem to be prevailing with much of this legislation.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster