Frank Erskine

From: Mary Fisher ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) Subject: Re: Part P Electrical Panic!

washing

Do you think one could make a more efficient appliance by combining the function of those last 2 into one?

The other option is to have the sockets you need be all not spurs, so that you can double up any time you want in future. And of course install them in such a way that thats practical.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I'm open to suggestions.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Once upon a time, Tricity made an electric cooker with a transistor radio built in, and a telescopic antenna in the top...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Obviously for work top appliances like kettles etc you have normal above worktop sockets. But the problem arises with under worktop appliances like washing machines. Suppose you could hack the plug off and drill a hole in the worktop to bring the cable up to a socket. But I prefer a socket in an adjacent cupboard - that's all. Of course you could have a switch at worktop height for isolation purposes - I just can't see the need for it since the only time I'll switch these off is at service time, and I would then unplug it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..but of course it will have the exact opposite effect as the increased cost of jumping through the hoops will bring a bonanza to the cheaper cowboys.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Ah, I shall have to explain the joke. What do you get if you run dehydrate and steam functions at the same time? A box that does nothing. If you combine the 2 functions so they will run simulatenously, you can then make the appliance much more efficient by removing all the guts entirely, it'd just be an empty box.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I wonder if you've ever run a kitchen?

:-)

It's rare to be de-hydrating and steaming at the same time. Believe me, if there were a way to combine the two I would, on environmental grounds!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Methinks youve still not got the joke: maybe someone else can explain it better :)

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On 13 Dec 2004 06:11:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) strung together this:

Nope, methinks it'd be a waste of time.

Reply to
Lurch

I think you're wrong. It just wasn't very amusing. Perhaps mine wasn't either ...

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:09:53 -0000, "Mary Fisher" strung together this:

Well I must admit I never saw yours, which bit was it?

Reply to
Lurch