Part P Electrical Checks - Payment

Hi,

Several months ago I was told that Building Control was directed by a government notice to pay for these checks (out of their fees) and I was to refer to a para 1.6 (I think). This worked with my BCO!

Unfortunately my PC went down and I lost the details, could someone therefore give me details again as I may need to quote them!?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Close, but no cigar!

Section 1.26 of the Part P approved document

Reply to
John Rumm

Which can be found here:

Andy Wade

the country in the last year. :)

Reply to
EricP

Unless you meet the one of the bloody minded councils with their heads up their collective arses:

John Rumm

We have a situation with a local council where they are stating that they "don't do" the electrical tests, and the applicant should arrange the part p testing themselves. They also want to charge the applicant for a regularisation fee for checking the electrical works which they (the council) did not check as part of a building notice application.

They are basically saying that the building control fee does not include the electrical testing, and the only way for them to pass off electrics is via the regularisation procedure. And yes, they are aware of s.1.26 and the government guidance letter.

When submitting plans, they require a statement to the effect that "the applicant will arrange their own tests by a competent person who is a member of an approved scheme"

dg

Reply to
dg