Part P Advice

Reply to
Roger Mills

The message from chris French contains these words:

I know that, and you know that, but I bet it's what they claim when pushed in the hope that some people will fold and pay up.

Reply to
Guy King

My understanding was wrong then. I thought they had been under building control for years.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Is it just the waste pipes? I thought it was all new* sanitary fittings.

  • as in there weren't any there before, not replacements of existing ones.
Reply to
John Stumbles

I thought it is about new sewerage arrangements. A new waste pipe arrangement and a new santitary fitting in a new location are pretty much the same thing. They just want to make sure your shit will drain.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

also adds to the evidence that the BC should pay for the inspection (see "Local authority inspection and testing of electrical installation work in dwellings")

Reply to
Stephen Gower

Well guess what, my BCO turned up at midday today (N Somerset)!!

He had a look at what I started (said I may need a structural engineer but thats another thread!), he came to the electrics and was quite hesitant when mentioning Part P! He was implying I had to pay for certification ....... ... I then mentioned 1.26 and he said "Oh you know about that then"!!

He then proceeded to tell me how much money they were paying a sub-contractor to perform inspections, he also implied that this paragraph had recently been changed and they were trying to get it "clarified".

I did say to him that I was expecting them to pay and he did not agree disagree either.

It seems some local authorities are trying more than others to limit costs!

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

LOL! I thought the recent change *was* the clarification, ie., it's now clear who has to pay.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yes, Anglesey is one of them!! I am up to calling the head of department about page 11 1.26 the BCO still says I have to pay!! I pointed out the aforementioned and asked why they were not following the regs if i had to....... no answer apart from take it up with the manager so i will !!

Reply to
Staffbull

"This means in our opinion that local authorities do not have the power to require householders to retain an electrician to test and certificate the work in accordance with BS 7671. Local authorities which have adopted such a practice should discontinue it immediately."

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Thanks John,

More ammo for tomorrow !!! I have to take my =A364 building notice fee for the wiring.

Reply to
Staffbull