Part P.

Can anyone point me at an authoritive source which indicates wether or not Part P of the building regs applies in Scotland?

I've heard (and read) conflicting things!

Thanks, Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

The Building Regulations themselves; should say in them or the associated Act that they apply only in England and Wales.

Scotland has entirely separate Building Standards.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Scotland has its own regs, so Part P doesn't apply, though electric installations have been part of their Building Regs for decades. The core requirements appear to be in Technical Handbook

4, but you'll have to do your own research as to what work is and isn't controlled.

get you started.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:45:51 -0800 (PST) someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk wrote this:-

To add to what has been said, there is a Part P of the Building Standards, but it is not to do with electrics.

Reply to
David Hansen